Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day

On Mother's Day, the Rev. Dr. Sue Scott, my mother, baptized Elizabeth. Mom performed the service despite the fact that it would undoubtedly take a toll on her. As anyone who cares enough about me and my family to follow this blog surely knows, she is fighting cancer. I find it difficult to do much more than lay in my bed and moan when I feel sick, but my mother is not so easily cowed.

That morning in the sanctuary of my parents' living room, Elizabeth received the grace of God. What a gift. Thanks, Mom.



4 comments:

kbarsch said...

That's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Give your mom my love!

runneth-over said...

Wow. Powerful and beautiful and beyond special. Glad you shared this moment for others to be touched by your mom, her strength, and of course the grace of God.

Jennie said...

Thank you for sharing this, Samantha. What a special experience for Elizabeth, your mom, and your whole family. Your mom is an inspiring woman, and you have inherited her strength and grace. Love and prayers for all your family!

Daniel said...

I love looking at these pictures, Samantha. Seeing your mother at home in her church a few years back was one of my favorite days...and this is probably one of her favorite days! Truly special. Thanks for sharing with us.