Then in a flash Christmas season is here. It is time to take our perfect, current picture of our beautiful and cooperative gifts from God otherwise known as Amanda and Elizabeth.
How long can it take to get a cute picture of two beautiful, happy kids? How long, indeed.
FAILED CHRISTMAS CARD ATTEMPT #1: Me alone with the kids in the front yard and my antique digital camera.
Time to call in reinforcements. Grandpa Ron to the rescue with his Super Duper Fancy Digital Camera.
FAILED CHRISTMAS CARD ATTEMPT # 2: It is a 40 degree day. Amanda refuses to wear the white shirt that goes under her jumper. No amount of M&M's or ice cream or threats of time-out will convince her to put on the shirt. Grandpa Ron does not even attempt to hide his amusement in watching me try to get Amanda to put on the shirt. Apparently I was a very picky about my clothes as a child. So off we go to the park, with Amanda wearing a sleeveless jumper on one of the coldest days of the year. Here are the results:
This is one cold, stubborn kid.
FAILED CHRISTMAS CARD ATTEMPT #3: Still not giving up, I resort to the Picture People in the Galleria. I let Amanda pick out an entire outfit at the kids clothing store next door to the studio. She is in heaven. This would work for sure. Alas, Elizabeth is terrified and it takes about 15 minutes for her to loosen her grip on me long enough to get her to sit down, and by then Amanda is done smiling. If it were traditional for kids in Christmas card pictures to look stoic and serious like these folks.

Then this picture would have been great:

FAILED CHRISTMAS CARD ATTEMPT #4: Grandpa Ron comes back again. This time he sets up the tripod. Elizabeth has just been fed. Naptime isn't for another hour; she should be perfectly happy. And we come the closest we will come to getting a usable picture. Amanda looks beautiful and is smiling happily. Elizabeth on the other hand looks like some evil woman just stole her pacifier. Perhaps that's because some evil woman did just steal her pacifier.
Well, folks. That's it. I GIVE UP. You will get a Christmas card this year. Gracing it's cover will be a lovely picture of a beautiful 2.5 year old Amanda and a six month old Elizabeth. And next year, we'll get a professional picture. I have learned my lesson.
3 comments:
I think they look just great.
Grandpa Ron
Oh my. I was laughing so hard I was crying. I made Seth come down stairs so I could read it to him and we both laughed out loud. I think you should use all of those pictures, print off your post entry and THAT should be your Christmas card. There'd be none better!
Hysterical! Seriously, that is the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!
Post a Comment