Saturday, September 17, 2011

Soccer

"Yo, I'm gonna get my soccer on."


After the game:

Me: How'd you like your first soccer game?

Amanda: It was fun.

Me: I heard you got a little upset at one point.

Amanda: Yeah. The other team wasn't letting me kick the ball.

Me: That's the thing about sports, kiddo. The other team isn't going to let you have the ball; you have to just try to take it from them.

Amanda: I know. But they weren't letting me play defense.

Me: The other team doesn't want you to play defense. They want you to get out of their way so they can score. That's the fun part -- trying to play defense even though they don't want you to.

Amanda: But their team is called the Bumblebees.

Me: So?

Amanda: Bumblebees are fast.

Me: Can't argue with that.

3 comments:

runneth-over said...

This is priceless, Sam! So very very priceless! I just read it aloud to the house and we all roared. Thanks for the early morning laugh.

kbarsch said...

I agree--SO funny!! I hope we get to come see a game; please email us a schedule (=

Jennie said...

So cute!