Sunday, August 25, 2013

Father of Daughters, Music Critic

In the car, the girls have requested "You Don't Know Your Beautiful" by One Direction on the Ipod.  Their dad obliges.

Brian:  This song makes me angrier every time I hear it.

Me:  It's not great art.  That's for sure.

Brian:  "The way you smile at the ground...."  Yes, your self-consciousness is such a turn on for me.  Whatever you do, don't act like you're feeling good about yourself.   

Me:  The kids like the song because it was played at the pool all summer.  I don't think they're paying attention to the lyrics.

Brian:  You know, there's a name for guys who are attracted to girls who lack self-confidence.

Me:  What's that?

Brian:  Date rapists.

1 comment:

runneth-over said...

I'm gonna need more conversation snippets between the two of you because I have to say that reading those might just be my favorite part of your sweet blog and it's all about me!!!! Y'all CRACK ME UP!