We too have a Frozen obsession. In fact, we may or may not have two copies of the DVD. Yes, okay, two. One for the house and one for Big Sub (as the girls Christened our Suburban).
Let it Go! is my theme song for dealing with life with four kids two of whom are infants:
1. A month ago, during an attempt at an actual cooked dinner, I got an email notification that Amanda's third quarter report card was ready to be viewed online. A week went by before I remembered that I had gotten said notification and read the report card. Let It Go!
2. Elizabeth has a Friday Bag, a cute book bag with the school logo on it that all the preschoolers get. It is to be brought to school on Mondays and filled with her work throughout the week and brought home on Fridays. Elizabeth's Friday bag has been returned to school maybe two times since the babies were born. She brings her work home in whatever plastic grocery bag the teachers can find for her. Let it Go!
3. Diapers. A wet (and, full disclosure, probably poopy) diaper used to be a command to change said diaper. Now it's an invitation. Let it Go!
4. Baby Feedings. I think I could probably easily count the number of times my daughters got bottles. By the time they were four months old, even if I left them with a babysitter, they would both rather wait six hours for me to return to them than take a bottle. This time, I'm pumping. Woah Nelly am I pumping. 99% of the time, the babies get bottles. They have been fed by so many different family members that I sometimes wonder if they know who their mommy is. But they are gaining weight like champs, which, when your big baby was 4 lbs 9 oz at birth and your little one was 2 lbs 11 oz, is the only flippin' thing you care about. Let It Go!
5. Big Girl Feedings. Are they eating food? Yes? Great! Let it Go!
6. Baths. Hmmmmm. I think the babies had one about a week or so ago. And the big kids are definitely getting in the water every night but beyond that I have no idea! Let it Go!
7. This was supposed to be a list of 10 things but there's only 7 things on it and now a baby is yelling at me so I'm going to have to get up! But not right away! Sometimes crying babies stop crying before you can get to them. Who knew? Let it Go!

2 comments:
Brilliantly perfect! And a pretty accurate description of what goes on around here, too!!
Ha! I'm totally stealing this; it works perfectly with my 2014 year of contentment (=
Post a Comment