Camp Ozark. I still can't quite believe I let Amanda go. For two weeks. "But one week isn't long enough," she argued. One week seemed plenty long to me, but I caved. Her summer project was to write an essay about her trip that I would post on the blog. She hasn't finished it yet (like mother, like daughter...). Suffice it to say, she had the time of her life. I know that's true because the only letter she found time to write her poor old parents was the measly mandatory postcard we got two days before we went to pick her up. This, despite being sent with pre-stamped, pre-addressed envelopes and enough stationary to keep a Victorian busy for weeks.
Then it was July, our month of total freedom. There was a lot of this:
Then we went to Florida! What was supposed to be a 9 hour drive turned into a 14 hour crawl, but our children were rockstars through it all.
And then we got there and forgot all about it.
Oh I almost forgot about Ben! We also had a special houseguest this summer, Brian's cousin Ben. He is an Aggie (but we love him anyway), and had an internship in Houston this summer. Our kids loved having him around, and so did we.
And then, before we knew it, summer ended. Back to School Pic Coming Soon!






1 comment:
Looks like a fun summer! (I looked at your blog after sending you the email a bit ago...) Love seeing all the photos.
Post a Comment