Brian: Shhh - This is my favorite episode of the Backyardigans.
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
I see my wife is trying to publicly embarrass me here, but I am not ashamed.
The "Racing Day" episode of the Backyardigans is a triumph of children's programming. It teaches a great lesson, as it is Austin's selfless assistance of his friends, rather than their single-minded focus on winning the race, that ultimately prevails.
More importantly, it offers a soundtrack clearly written by someone with an appreciation for Bluegrass music (think Peter Rowan or Bill Monroe meets Raffi). Good stuff.
Brian's rebuttal demonstrates the average wife's failure to understand the intellectual curiosity of the above-average husband about mass media's ability to improve the moral education of America's children. Rather than being scorned, Brian should be congratulated for his single-minded focus on the well-being of his daughters, as well as his promotion of their appreciation for the great tradition of Bluegrass, one of only two uniquely American contributions to the world's musical heritage. Well done, Brian. Ron
Samantha and Brian, I am so enjoying watching your blog and seeing the girls - all 6 of you beautiful blondes. I know of another blonde smiling down and enjoying you and your families as well. We love you and hope to see you soon! Leslie and Bill
5 comments:
I see my wife is trying to publicly embarrass me here, but I am not ashamed.
The "Racing Day" episode of the Backyardigans is a triumph of children's programming. It teaches a great lesson, as it is Austin's selfless assistance of his friends, rather than their single-minded focus on winning the race, that ultimately prevails.
More importantly, it offers a soundtrack clearly written by someone with an appreciation for Bluegrass music (think Peter Rowan or Bill Monroe meets Raffi). Good stuff.
Brian
See! I didn't make it up!
We've got the whole wide world in our arms to explorrre. I love the Backyardigans, Drew likes Kai-Lan more.
Brian's rebuttal demonstrates the average wife's failure to understand the intellectual curiosity of the above-average husband about mass media's ability to improve the moral education of America's children. Rather than being scorned, Brian should be congratulated for his single-minded focus on the well-being of his daughters, as well as his promotion of their appreciation for the great tradition of Bluegrass, one of only two uniquely American contributions to the world's musical heritage.
Well done, Brian.
Ron
Samantha and Brian,
I am so enjoying watching your blog and seeing the girls - all 6 of you beautiful blondes. I know of another blonde smiling down and enjoying you and your families as well. We love you and hope to see you soon!
Leslie and Bill
Post a Comment