Friday, November 15, 2013

23 Weeks

I promise I'm not going to start doing this every week.  But I wanted to follow up on last week because things have improved!  Thanks so much for your prayers and support!  Colin's fluid level was up almost 1 cm, which sounds like not much but it takes him further away from the 'danger zone,' so to speak.  And J.J.'s growth has slowed a bit, which is actually a good thing.  Now the two babies' growth 'discordance' (this is an important term in the mo-di twin world) is at 14%, which is not great but not bad enough to make the specialists nervous!  I still have to go back next week, but if the amniotic fluid and blood flow dopplers look reassuring for the second week in a row, then I can go back to every 2 week ultrasounds, and I'll go back to thinking that maybe I'll be able to carry these babies into the mid-30 week range without some sort of surgical intervention or emergency cesarean.  That's what we're going for.  Thanks again for taking this crazy journey with me.  I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Wonderful news! Post every week - or even every day! I always enjoy your updates.

runneth-over said...

I am so glad that God has no time table and allows me to retroactively pray! I just saw all of this!! Thinking of you and the boys and praying for boat loads of fluid!!!!

Unknown said...

Sending good vibrations from Austin...