Sunday, March 21, 2010

Amanda's Quotes of the Week - She's started negotiating

Amanda didn't eat a single bite of her lunch and has now opened the freezer in search of a snack.

Amanda: Please may I have a popsicle before rest time?
Me: No.
Amanda: Please may I say please?
Me: What?
Amanda: I said please.
Me: I know, and I thank you. But you still can't have a popsicle.
Amanda: BUT I SAID PLEASE!!

We've brushed our teeth and have now moved into Amanda's room for the stories/song/get in bed portion of the bedtime routine.

Me: Okay Amanda pick three books.
Amanda: How about four books?
Me: No, three.
Amanda: Four books!
Me: Okay, four but that's it.

(Olivia readers may recognize that exact exchange from the book.)

It's 50 degrees outside. Amanda wants to go to the park. I don't want to do much of anything besides pick up the house and watch the NCAA basketball tournament.

Amanda: Let's go to the blue park.
Me: You mean Huffington Park?
Amanda: Yeah! Huffington Park!
Me: It's too cold to go to the park.
Amanda: So we need to put on our jackets.
Me: We need to wait until it warms up a little.
Amanda: We just need to put on our jackets and go to the park.
Me: [silence. I know she's right. But we're still not going.]

2 comments:

Jen said...

So funny. A while ago, Luke and I were having one of these types of exchanges and I said, "It is NOT negotiable." I thought that would end the discussion, but he countered with, "It IS negotiable!" I don't know if I caved, but it still makes me laugh.

Sherry M. said...

Oooohhh! I do so hope Allison has a little girl next!